Welcome back – we’ve missed you.
We have finalised all the booking processes and have implemented new procedures. In order to adhere to the new Government standards, social distancing, track and trace measures you will notice some changes. We are adopting a phased approach in order that we can transition through each phase safely over the coming weeks and where possible we will go back to business as usual when it is safe to do so.
Advance bookings only – book online via our website
A further positive note – we have been accredited by Visit England, AA and Quality in Tourism that we are passing and exceeding the guidelines for being Covid-19 secure so our guests and staff can feel safe on the resort.
- Please use the hand washing station on arrival to the leisure entrance.
- Sanitisation stations in place.
- Social distancing signage.
- Temperature checks on arrival and if your temperature is above 37.5 degrees you will not be able to access any facilities.
- Screens on the leisure counter.
- The gym has been moved into the Lakeview Room (only cardio equipment) adjacent to Leisure Reception – it looks great and all equipment is 2 meters apart and the room is well ventilated.
- We will be allowing 10 gym users in the gym at any one time, we will be taking bookings for the gym on hourly intervals and your session will be 45 minutes long, you will not be able to book in for back to back sessions. As we have limited capacity, we want to give everyone an opportunity to be able to visit.
- Please bring your own water bottle and towel.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use for your own safety.
- After your 45 minute session has ended the gym equipment will then be cleaned and sanitised ready for the next session.
- Changing rooms are not currently available.
- We are currently producing an online booking system via our website for pool and gym to book sessions. We are just going through the checking stages now to ensure it is working before we say we are open.
- Our opening times will be 8am – 7pm being last entry and exit by 7.45pm, these will be monitored accordingly.
- Please do not forget your membership card as we have to register this for our track and trace NHS program.
- Advance bookings only – booked online via our website
- Parking will be outside the pool area in the parking bays available
- You will be greeted by a lifeguard on entry to the pool who will check you in, please stay in your car until a couple of minutes before your session starts.
- Please come ready to swim as there are no changing facilities but there will be individual stations for your clothes/bags. Please ensure you can wrap up warm afterwards for your journey home.
- Entrance will be from the shallow pool and the pool will be split down the middle creating 2 lanes for swimming in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. 1 lane for slow swimmers and the other lane for faster swimmers.
- For family time, the pool will be split in to 4 areas plus the shallow area for smaller children. This is allowing 5 families to use the pool at any one time.
- The jacuzzi, sauna and steam room will remain closed until further notice.
- Your session time is 45 minutes from entry to exit allowing the staff to sanitise high touch points prior to next session starting. Please help us to keep to these times.
- The staff are currently going through Covid-19 Lifeguard training to enhance the safety in the pool area.
We understand that this is not the perfect set up, but we are working within the guidelines the best we can to accommodate as many guests as possible safely. Once we get an understanding of the flow of guests we will then open the gym where all the weights have remained once we know it is safe to do so.
We ask you to be safe, be patient and help us to help you. If you see anything that could be improved our ears are open. This is all very new to everyone and all comments will be taken on board.
The Barnsdale Team